View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:54 am



Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 DC Olympics! 
Author Message

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 24
Post Re: DC Olympics!
why shoot only me :(


Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 104
Location: On the couch
Post Re: DC Olympics!
Kenny can't remember his login details right now, but he said he's in for all the 1v1 and 2v2 events. He had this to say:

Neo-Egyptian: so shall i put you down for the 1v1 and 2v2 events?
Kenny: sure. is bryfer avalible for 2v2? we are good together :)
Neo-Egyptian: 2v2 is all randomly assigned
Neo-Egyptian: you may end up with pipboy, you may end up with me
Neo-Egyptian: WHO KNOWS
Kenny: oh god, not pip


Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 138
Location: Choppa City
Post Re: DC Olympics!
NeoE wrote:
C4 longjump, skeet-shooting and so on

skeej wrote:
why shoot only me :(


He actually said skeet shooting.

Better grab your nad launcher and bring plenty of ammo.

_________________
Get some DC!


Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:52 pm
Posts: 33
Post Re: DC Olympics!
Seriously wrote:
Sounds fine, hopefully i got some time when event starts cause im just moving again my home.

Just a tip for the olympics cause the name it says. What about some extra disciplines like "the longest/nicest c4 jump" or "the highest wall jump (just like jump off the sofa and get a wall)" or maybe "throwing the sledge on a placed c4 in 100m distance". So maybe this event becomes a little bit more "olympic" *g*.



It's interesting you should mention that as we do have a few ideas in the bag however Kallo and I thought that there are quite a few events already and if everyone signs up to all the events then we are going to have a lot of games to deal with and it will take forever to do them all plus people may eventually get sick of doing all the events and just want to play DC and the whole idea will just fall apart. I think it's probably a good idea to see how popular these games are and then perhaps we can add a few of the more exotic events if the games are popular. As mentioned some of the ideas we have had include:

Skeet - Shoot a crazed c4 lunatic with raging bulls.
Cage Fighting - Fists only in a specified area on a map.
Free Running - Running round a preset path on hamalio in teams of 2, fists only, first team to get to the finish line wins.
C4 Jumping - 1 v 1 you get two chances to jump as far as you can and to tag the ground where you land. The person who jumps the furthest would then go onto the next round.

Could I also take this chance to ask everyone to get as many people to sign up as possible seeing as not the entire steam group is signed up to the website people may not be aware that these games are occuring. So tell EVERYONE you know! I've already left an announcement on the group page but I doubt that will be enough to sway people to join up. The more people we get to sign up to the games the more interesting and successful they are likely to be!


Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 104
Location: On the couch
Post Re: DC Olympics!
Don't worry, I'm going to keep spamming everyone when I have time. We already have eight of us who are definitely in (assuming Seriously can play) so that's a fairly healthy start for one day's work, but I'll keep hammering away at it. While we should definitely tell everyone about it, I think the following people are priority players and thus EVERYONE SHOULD SPAM THEM UNTIL THEY RELENT AND SIGN UP:

Kirby
Doom
Leeroy
JJJ
Man Slayer
Nat
Pugfish
Glitch
Killomatic
Rugazi
Amy
Boom
Kaze
Pipboy
Srbo
Your Evil Twin
Radical Dreamer

There are obviously more DC players out there, but these are the ones who appear most frequently on the server/are most likely going to be interested in playing. SPREAD THE MESSAGE PEOPLE!


Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 19
Location: Germany, Baden-Württemberg, black-forrest
Post Re: DC Olympics!
NeoE wrote:
Don't worry, I'm going to keep spamming everyone when I have time. We already have eight of us who are definitely in (assuming Seriously can play) so that's a fairly healthy start for one day's work, but I'll keep hammering away at it. While we should definitely tell everyone about it, I think the following people are priority players and thus EVERYONE SHOULD SPAM THEM UNTIL THEY RELENT AND SIGN UP:

Kirby
Doom
Leeroy
JJJ
Man Slayer
Nat
Pugfish
Glitch
Killomatic
Rugazi
Amy
Boom
Kaze
Pipboy
Srbo
Your Evil Twin
Radical Dreamer

There are obviously more DC players out there, but these are the ones who appear most frequently on the server/are most likely going to be interested in playing. SPREAD THE MESSAGE PEOPLE!


I'll get glitch, hanging around with him on source sometimes. (JUST FOR FUN ON AWP_MAPS! ;-D)

_________________
I need blood!
NOW!


Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:27 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:00 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: DC Olympics!
im only able to partake in the joyous event on the 31st and maybe the 1st of august after that im away so ill play in everything on thise days


Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:52 pm
Posts: 33
Post Re: DC Olympics!
leeroy wrote:
im only able to partake in the joyous event on the 31st and maybe the 1st of august after that im away so ill play in everything on thise days


If you like I can put you down for the 1v1 and 2v2 games then after the 1st of August I will just automatically pass whoever you would have played against effectively knocking you out, but you would get to play for as many games as you can make.


Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:13 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 24
Post Re: DC Olympics!
compy wrote:
NeoE wrote:
C4 longjump, skeet-shooting and so on

skeej wrote:
why shoot only me :(


He actually said skeet shooting.


ORLY

Quote:
Better grab your nad launcher and bring plenty of ammo.


ImageImage


Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 138
Location: Choppa City
Post Re: DC Olympics!
Close, but no.

Nad
Image
Launcher
Image

Inside joke :lol:

_________________
Get some DC!


Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.