View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 DC Olympics! 

Post DC Olympics!
Kallo and Crowbar present:

WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT:

The DC Olympics comprises various events, including melee, deathmatch, cap-maps, and more. To compete, simply leave a reply stating which event you would like to take part in (the list of events appears below) and I'll sort out the rest. For team events, choosing team-mates works as follows: for all 2v2 games the teams are randomly assigned, so simply state which event you wish to play and a team-mate will be randomly assigned. However, for 3v3 events you may choose your own team. Please choose your team-mates BEFORE submitting, and please don't submit to the same event twice. You may of course reply to this thread again if you wish to join another event.

Once sign-up is complete, I will need a few days to collate a leaderboard then will submit this to the forum. The structure of this will be a knockout system, with room for bronze, silver and gold places up for grabs. It is up to the teams and individual players to look at who they are playing and to contact that person or team to organise a time to play, and also to organise a server admin to oversee the game. There is no time-limit for this as such, however if you are holding eveyone up and ignoring polite warnings to organise yourselves then fully expect me to flip a coin to decide who wins. Once each event is complete, I will require the server admin overseeing the game to PM me the result so I can collate it in a spreadsheet and update the relative forum post.

THE RULES:

You will notice that there are weapon restrictions on some of the game types. They exist in order to make the games more fun. For example if you have a 3v3 game where eveyone has grenade launchers, the fun is quickly lost and the match will quickly degrade into a spam-fest. While I appreciate everyone will have their own opinions on this matter, the weapon restrictions are FINAL and are NOT subject to change. If you don't agree with any of the restrictions in an event, simply don't take part in it.

There is a zero-tolerance policy towards cheating. If you use weapons which are banned then you WILL be disqualified. It is up to you to look on the fourm and see what weapons are allowed/not allowed before the game begins.

Parachutes: These are banned for ALL games.

If the score is tied at the end of a game, a sudden death rule will be initiated whereby the next team to win a round will win the event.

When signing-up please leave the name you wish to compete under and any possible contact details, for example your Steam name, e-mail etc.

The closing date for signup is Friday 24th July 8pm GMT. The games will begin on Friday 31st of July (at some point/probably) and will last as long as it lasts.

THE EVENTS:

1 v 1 Village
- Rounds: 10 rounds: 5 played on UP-KO 5 played on USA
- Win condition: Team that wins the majority of rounds wins.
- Weapon restrictions: None.

2 v 2 Village
- Weapon restrictions: ONE Nade Launcher per team and ONE C4 OR Hand Grenade set per team.
NOTE: After each round of the league is complete then the teams will be randomly assigned again.

3 v 3 Hamalio
- Rounds: 4 rounds: 2 played on UP-KO 2 played on USA
- Weapon restrictions: None.

3 v 3 Armstech
- Rounds: 4 rounds: 2 played on UP-KO 3 played on USA
- Win condition: Only the defending team can score which is based upon the amount of time they can survive for. Since each round is 15 minutes if a team survives for 10 minutes then they get 10 points etc. The team at the end of the 4 rounds which has the most points wins the match. So essencially the most points you can gain in a game is 30 if you fully survive both of the defending rounds. If both teams have 30 points at the end of the match then a sudden death situation will be implemented.
- Weapon restrictions: ONE Nade Launcher per team and ONE C4 OR Hand Grenade set per team.

1 v 1 Melee only Village
- Weapon restrictions: Melee only.
NOTE: Throwing knifes are unrestricted and the player is allowed as many as they like.

2 v 2 Melee only Village
- Weapon restrictions: Melee only.
NOTE: Throwing knifes are RESTRICTED. Players are not allowed to use them.
NOTE: After each round of the league is complete then the teams will be randomly assigned again.

SEE YOU IN THE GAMES!

ps. over-the-top DC OLYMPICS image courtesy of Neo!

Last edited by The Crowbar God on Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:09 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:22 am

Post Re: DC Olympics!
Ok, so I guess I'll start. I'll apply for the 3 v 3 games once I have a team together!

The Crowbar God.

1 v 1 Village
2 v 2 Village
1 v 1 Melee only Village
2 v 2 Melee only Village

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:24 am

I hold Mr Crowbar responsible for everything that will go wrong with this.

1 v 1 Village
2 v 2 Village
1 v 1 Melee only Village
2 v 2 Melee only Village

and the team stuff when I get a team.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:39 am

Kallo wrote:
I hold Mr Crowbar responsible for everything that will go wrong with this.

1 v 1 Village
2 v 2 Village
1 v 1 Melee only Village
2 v 2 Melee only Village

and the team stuff when I get a team.

I'm down for the same.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:59 am
Profile WWW

Check this shit out:

http://desertcrisis.net/news.php

Also, put me down for the same games.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:08 am
Profile WWW

Our 3v3 team has been confirmed and will alphabetically consist of:
Bryfer
Compy
Neo-Egyptian

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:07 am
Profile WWW

Sounds fine, hopefully i got some time when event starts cause im just moving again my home.

Just a tip for the olympics cause the name it says. What about some extra disciplines like "the longest/nicest c4 jump" or "the highest wall jump (just like jump off the sofa and get a wall)" or maybe "throwing the sledge on a placed c4 in 100m distance". So maybe this event becomes a little bit more "olympic" *g*.

Greets. Will response which event id like to play with if i know when ill move definitely.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:25 am
Profile ICQ WWW

I agree with Seriously. Adding events that are based on player skill, rather than playing* skill, is a great idea.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 am
Profile WWW

Also signing up for all the competitions! Need to make/join a team though :geek:

[edit]
Woah, yeah, those "achievement" style competitions sound like a great idea!

Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:58 am

Funnily enough, Crowbar mentioned to me earlier that they'd originally planned to do those kinds of events (C4 longjump, skeet-shooting and so on) but didn't really know if people'd want to do them. I guess things might be different now!

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next